The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow
filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are
needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite
Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your
audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to
play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and best components.
- The pack provides an excellent out-of-the-box experience for novice users, while at the same time offering many options for expert users to tweak things.
- All included components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- The pack offers a high level of flexibility. You can for example configure your preferred decoders and splitters for many formats.
- Works great in combination with Windows Media Player and Media Center.
- It also works great with all other popular DirectShow players. For example Media Player Classic, ZoomPlayer, BS.Player, KMPlayer, PotPlayer, GOM Player, and many others.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys. All changes are properly undone and reverted to the state prior to the installation of the pack.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play all your movies and music.
- However, the pack is also much more light-weight than many people think or assume it is. The pack is available in different sizes and each variant is fully customizable.
- This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
One of the most complex codec packages, the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack can also function by default settings, in case you are a less experienced user and you don’t know how to set up the application.
Remember to deselect the adware which comes with the application during installation process.
This codec package is dedicated to both novices and experts (there are also encoding options). The interface is simple and provides easy access to customization options.
Except for the most popular audio and video formats, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack allows you to open some rare formats. It also includes codecs for compressions like Divx or Xvid.
The features of this utility software are impressive, as it contains DirectShow video and audio decoding filters, audio parsers, source filters and subtitle filters.
Other features are represented by VFW video codecs, ACM audio codecs, shell extensions and tools such as Codec Tweak Tool, FourCC Changer, MediaInfo Lite, Haali Muxer, GraphStudioNext and VobSubStrip.
The latest version is K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 10.8, features the following updates:
MPC-HC to version 220.127.116.11, LAV Filters to version 0.63, ffdshow to version 1.3.4533 and added DirectX components that are needed by MPC-HC x64.
Starting this version, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview.
If you choose to install Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, too, you will be able to configure file associations for video and audio contents.
With this player and with the codecs provided by the pack, you will be able to open almost any media file.
|Windows XP | 7 | 8 | 8.1 | Server 2003 | 2008 + 64bit|